RECIPE BY NICOLE DURDIN
Originally appeared in The Barossa Mag
This cocktail is deep with rich flavours, yet holds a bitter sweet finish. While smooth it also warms the soul. Enjoy near the closest fire you can find and forget about everything else! This is a strong one, so maybe hand the keys to someone else.
- 25ml Seppeltsfield Rd Distillers Shiraz Gin
- 30ml Campari
- 30ml Dry Vermouth (Maidenii recommended)
- Chill a tumbler with ice.
- Prepare orange twist by peeling a strip of orange rind – remove as much of the pith as possible.
- Fill a mixing glass with ice.
- Measure and pour all ingredients over the ice.
- Stir gently for at least 30 seconds to allow all the spirits to integrate.
- Empty the ice that was in the tumbler out and half fill the glass with fresh ice.
- Strain the cocktail over the ice.
- Rim the edge of the glass with the orange rind, then twist the rind over the cocktail and drop it into the glass.