RECIPE BY NICOLE DURDIN
Originally appeared in The Barossa Mag
Light, refreshing, and great to share, Nicole’s Iced Tea is guaranteed to be a crowd-pleaser at your next summer social gathering or dinner party. Fruity, balanced and bright, this recipe pairs Seppeltsfield Road Distillers’ House Gin with Lady Grey tea, grapefruit, lemon, and elderflower for a refreshing yet elegant cocktail.
- 150ml Seppeltsfield Road Distillers House Gin
- 450ml Lady Grey tea
- 75ml Grapefruit juice
- 50ml Lemon juice
- 100ml Sugar syrup
- 75ml Elderflower cordial
- Steep 5 teabags in a litre of boiled water (you’ll only need half of the tea, but save some for the second batch)
- After 5 minutes, remove and dispose of the teabags, and refrigerate the tea to cool it down.
- Once cool, mix 450ml of the tea with the remaining ingredients.
- Quarter fill your favourite jug with ice and add a handful of grapefruit and lemon slices.
- Pour the iced tea mixture over the ice, into the jug.
- Vigorously stir and you’re ready to pour.
Grapefruit and lemon slices
Presents exceptionally well in a highball tumbler, filled with ice and a wedge of grapefruit.